Sharon Osbourne Gives An Update On Her Daughter Aimee Escaping Studio Fire

Black Sabbath icon Ozzy Osbourne’s wife and TV personality Sharon Osbourne recently shared a post on her Instagram to explain what happened on the day of the studio fire that her daughter Aimee Osbourne managed to escape.

On May 19, a two-story concrete industrial building in Hollywood burned into flames. Seventy-eight firefighters responded to a call and discovered several small individual recording studios inside. Due to the studios’ thick walls, double drywall, and thick windows to keep the sound from escaping, the smoke and heat couldn’t escape the building.

The firefighters had a challenging time inside the building for the same reason. However, they worked hard and extinguished the flames in less than an hour. The firefighters also found Aimee Osbourne and her producer with smoke-related respiratory symptoms during the firefight. Sadly, one person was found dead during the interior search.

Sharon Osbourne gave her followers details about the deadly studio fire in her recent Instagram post. She stated that Aimee Osbourne and her producer were working in a recording studio at this building, and they were the lucky ones who were unharmed. Sharon then sent prayers to the person’s family who lost their lives in the fire.

Osbourne then said she hopes buildings like this would be better regulated for fire safety. According to Sharon, this building was a creative center for music in Hollywood, and the fire code should’ve prevented such an incident from happening. Moreover, she reminded her followers that producers, musicians, and artists lost all their equipment due to the fire.

In her Instagram post, Sharon Osbourne penned:

“Today, my daughter Aimee Osbourne was working in a recording studio at this building with her producer. They are the lucky two that made it out alive. It is utterly heartbreaking that someone lost their life today in this fire & we are sending our prayers to this person & their family. What happened today was beyond horrific.

I really hope moving forward that buildings like this are better regulated for fire safety. This building was a creative hub for music in Hollywood, a space that should have been regulated by the fire code. Producers, musicians, mixers & artists also lost all of their equipment. Once again, our prayers go out to the family and friends of the person that lost their lives to this senseless fire.”

You can see the picture Sharon Osbourne included in her IG post below.

Photo Credit: Sharon Osbourne – Instagram