Greta Van Fleet Shares An Update On Jake Kiszka’s Current Health Status
After revealing that Jake and Josh felt ill on their official Instagram account, Greta Van Fleet recently shared a post to give essential details about the band’s lead guitarist Jake Kiszka‘s current health status. The band announced the recent updates on their ongoing tour schedule as well.
After releasing their latest and second studio album entitled ‘The Battle at Garden’s Gate,’ on April 16, 2021, Greta Van Fleet announced their 2022’s US Tour. The tour started on March 10 in Kalamazoo, and it was supposed to end on June 29 in Manchester, but they revealed additional dates due to high demand from the fans. Therefore the concerts will end on November 12, in Sacramento.
Even though their fans got very excited about the upcoming concerts, the band recently shared a piece of bad news with them on social media. Greta Van Fleet members stated that they had to postpone their show on March 16 in Flint to September 13 and the performance on March 17 in Ypsilanti to September 14. The main reason behind this decision was the Kiszka brothers’ feeling sick, which could be symptoms of COVID-19.
The band’s new update was more frightening and concerning for their fans because a post on their official IG account unveiled that Josh was better, but Jake was hospitalized because of deteriorating health. Apparently, the doctors’ diagnosis was pneumonia, and Jake has been receiving treatment since then. Thus, Greta Van Fleet rescheduled their concert on March 19 in Huntington to August 10, considering the guitarist’s recovery process. The band members also shared their gratefulness for their fans’ endless patience and support during these challenging times.
Greta Van Fleet’s IG post read:
“Thank you for your patience after yesterday’s unfortunate news. We have an update on the band’s health:
While Josh has mostly recovered, Jake’s diagnosis is more complex. What started as a small cough on Tuesday rapidly progressed overnight, requiring his admission to the hospital yesterday. The last 24 hours have been arduous as doctors were unsure of the exact illness. Fortunately, after further evaluation, they are confident in their diagnosis of pneumonia, and an optimal course of treatment has been determined.
Due to the uncertainty of his time to recover, we regretfully must postpone Saturday’s show in Huntington, W.V. until August 10. Tickets for the original show will be valid for the rescheduled performance, and refunds will be available at the point of purchase. We are grateful for your kindness, and we appreciate your positive support during this difficult. We promise to give you the most up-to-date information as the situation progresses.”
You can check out the post below.